Ready for a real challenge?
In our most challenging #workoutwednesday to date, co-founder, undefeated MMA fighter, and trainer Jason Manly shares his push-up circuit.
Equipment Needed: None
Estimated Time: 30 Minutes
1 Minute Rest between sets.
1. Twist Push-Up
- Start in push-up position with both hands on the ground, shoulder width apart.
- When pushing yourself off the ground, only fully extend one arm, and turn your body towards that side.
- Lower yourself back down to the ground, and repeat on the other side
2. Diamond Push-Up
- Start with your hands together on the floor, with your thumbs and pointer fingers touching, forming the shape of a diamond.
- Perform a push-up like you normally would, using your strength to push yourself off the ground, making sure to keep your hands together the entire time.
3. Side-2-Side Push-Up
- Start in plank position with your hands shoulder width apart.
- Lower yourself down to the ground like you would a normal push-up, but shift your weight to the right side of our body.
- Push yourself back up into plank position, re-centering yourself.
- Repeat on the other side.
4. Wide Grip Push-Up
- Start in a plank position, but reach your arms out as far as you can, while still holding yourself up. Your body should form a perfect T.
- Perform a push-up like you normally would.
Recommended Equipment: KoreSurge
Estimated Time: 5 Minutes
Using KoreSurge’s localized vibration therapy to massage your glutes and lower body for 5 - 10 minutes post-workout can make a huge difference in your recovery process. Focusing on rolling out your lower body will release any tension or stiffness, helping your muscles heal and grow.