Ate a few too many sweet treats over the holiday season?
If you were quick to answer yes, then you’ve come to the right place! Kick off the new year with Rachel Brascetta’s go-to workout for burning away that stubborn belly fat.
Equipment Needed: Dumbbells
Estimated Time: 25 Minutes
12 reps, 5 sets for each exercise. Take a 30 second break between each.
1. Squat Press
- Pick up both dumbbells.
- Step out to the left into squat position, press above head when coming back up from squat.
- Repeat on each side.
2. Squat Clean
- Pick up both dumbbells and place feet a little more than shoulder width apart.
- Push weights slightly behind you on each side, then accelerate the weights upwards towards your shoulders
- Once the dumbbells reach your shoulders, drop down into a full squat and quickly go back into standing position.
- Drop weights back to starting position and repeat.
3. Dumbbell Clean
- Start with both dumbbells hanging down by your sides.
- Bend forward at the hips until both dumbbells slightly touch the floor.
- Drive through your heels and accelerate the dumbbells up to your shoulders, so that the bottom of the dumbbell is touching your shoulder.
- Drop both dumbbells down to the floor and repeat.
4. Forward to Reverse Lunge
- Holding one weight in front of your chest with both hands, palace feet hip-width apart.
- Take a big step forward with the leg you are focusing on. Lower your body until your shin is vertical, do not let your knee go past your toes.
- Press into heel to drive yourself back up into a standing position, with your leg up in a 90 degree angle.
- Using the same leg, take a big step backward and lower your body until your knee gently touches the floor.
- Drive your front foot into the floor and return to starting position.
Recommended Equipment: KoreSurge
Estimated Time: 5 Minutes
Using KoreSurge’s localized vibration therapy to massage your glutes and lower body for 5 - 10 minutes post-workout can make a huge difference in your recovery process. Focusing on rolling out your lower body will release any tension or stiffness, helping your muscles heal and grow.